[asterisk-users] Can someone help me with my IAX-registration

jonas.kellens at telenet.be jonas.kellens at telenet.be
Mon May 4 03:03:04 CDT 2009

Thanks for the feedback !

I know the IP-address of my Asterisk-server.
The WAN-interface of my Asterisk-box is set manually (ifcfg-eth1).
I have port 4569 forwarded on my NAT/firewall.

Strangely I have the same 'notice' when being attached directly to the internet (so no firewall in between).
And set my WAN-interface to the IP I get from my ISP or even when obtained by DHCP.
Doesn't solve a thing.

I would like to bind Asterisk IAX to 1 IP-address, namely my WAN-interface.
All my internal SIP-phones contact Asterisk through SIP, never IAX.
Only my WAN-interface talks IAX2 with my IAX-provider.

So binding to all interfaces... I would rather not.

In IP-tables, port 4569 is open for WAN-interface. port 5060 is open for SIP on LAN-interface, also 10000:20000 is open for RTP on LAN-interface.

So the binding-warning... doesn't make sense to me.

Now for the problem of connecting to my IAX-provider :

- I can ping the IP-address of the remote Asterisk-server
- Cannot test netcat right now, but will do this evening.
- I have send my IAX-provider an email asking for their iax.conf...
- My Asterisk-server is able to contact the remote Asterisk-server but registration is rejected... (REGREJ on CLI). I personally think there is a configuration error in my user-account in their iax.conf-file ...

Greetingz,
Jonas.

: Steve Edwards [mailto:asterisk.org at sedwards.com]
>Verzonden
: maandag
, mei
 4, 2009 09:24 AM
: stevend at moij.biz, 'Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion'
>Onderwerp
: Re: [asterisk-users] Can someone help me with my IAX-registration