[asterisk-users] how to add applications to 1.6???

Oguzhan Kayhan oguzhank at bilkent.edu.tr
Mon May 4 02:08:56 CDT 2009

Hello,
By default there are not much applications on asterisk..
I found some scipts written for tripbox and trying to apply them to
asterisk 1.6 now.
The following code for ex is for DND application.

Here is the entries in my  extensions.conf file
This is the application:

[app-dnd-on]
exten => *78,1,Answer
exten => *78,n,Wait(1)
exten => *78,n,Macro(user-callerid,)
exten => *78,n,Set(DB(DND/${CALLERID(number)})=YES)
exten => *78,n,Playback(do-not-disturb&activated)
exten => *78,n,Macro(hangupcall,)
; end of [app-dnd-on]

This is another application to say my extension number which works
absolutely fine..just wanted to add as a working example..

[app-speakextennum]
exten => *65,1,Answer
exten => *65,n,Wait(1)
exten => *65,n,Macro(user-callerid,)
exten => *65,n,Playback(your)
exten => *65,n,Playback(extension)
exten => *65,n,Playback(number)
exten => *65,n,Playback(is)
exten => *65,n,SayDigits(${CALLERID(number)})
exten => *65,n,Wait(2)
exten => *65,n,Hangup
; end of [app-speakextennum]

This is the include files on my dialplan

[CallingRule_localphones]
include => blf
include => app-cf-on
include => app-cf-off
include => app-dnd-on
include => app-dnd-off
include => app-speakextennum
switch => Realtime

When i dial DND or Callforward extensions, all prompts seem to work fine..
But for example after enabling DND or call forward etc, when i dial this
extension from another phone, it still rings.
What am i missing??
Am i suppose to add smthing to incoming call rules too?? Or should i
create a field on DB??