[asterisk-users] [UK SPECIFIC] DAHDI and a OpenVox Card

--[ UxBoD ]-- uxbod at splatnix.net
Fri May 1 03:00:33 CDT 2009

----- "Gordon Henderson" <gordon+asterisk at drogon.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 1 May 2009, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
>
> > Is this a place where you get a polarity reversal event on call startup?
>
> In the UK we do. (Well on BT lines - I've a funny feeling some
> Telewest/NTL lines use Bell signaling).
>
> On an incoming call we get:
>
> Polarity reversal.
> FSK Caller ID burst
> Ringing
>
> I've not upgraded any analogue systems to dahdi yet, but from what I've
> read so-far, there's not much difference between the config files (other
> than their names and locations), but a typical /etc/zaptel.conf file looks
> like:
>
> fxoks=1
> fxsks=4
> loadzone=uk
> defaultzone=uk
>
> This has one FXO and one FXS port.
>
> The corresponding zapata.conf is:
>
> [trunkgroups]
> [channels]
> usecallerid=yes
> cidsignalling=v23
> cidstart=polarity
> hidecallerid=no
> callwaiting=no
> threewaycalling=yes
> transfer=yes
> echocancel=yes
> ;echotraining=yes ; off for oslec
> ;echocancelwhenbridged=yes
> immediate=no
> faxdetect=no
>
> ; Channel 1: Local analogue line
> context=internal
> group=0
> signalling=fxo_ks
> sendcalleridafter=2
> rxgain=0
> txgain=0
> mailbox=202
> callerid=The Red Phone <202>
> channel => 1
>
> ; Channel 4: PSTN line
> context=incoming-zap-ddi
> group=1
> usecallerid=yes
> faxdetect=none
> signalling=fxs_ks
> rxgain=8
> txgain=8
> callerid=asreceived
> channel => 4
>
> Hope this is may be some use.
>
> Gordon

Hi Gordon,

Gave those settings a try and still no joy :( I have managed to get rid of the Red Alarm by changing the cable! But I still get :-

== Starting post polarity CID detection on channel 1
    -- Starting simple switch on 'DAHDI/1-1'
[May  1 08:59:04] WARNING[11653]: chan_dahdi.c:7311 ss_thread: CID timed out waiting for ring. Exiting simple switch
    -- Hungup 'DAHDI/1-1'

This is so annoying :(

Best Regards,

--
SplatNIX IT Services :: Innovation through collaboration