[asterisk-users] [UK SPECIFIC] DAHDI and a OpenVox Card

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Fri May 1 02:45:05 CDT 2009

On Fri, 1 May 2009, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

> Is this a place where you get a polarity reversal event on call startup?

In the UK we do. (Well on BT lines - I've a funny feeling some
Telewest/NTL lines use Bell signaling).

On an incoming call we get:

   Polarity reversal.
   FSK Caller ID burst
   Ringing

I've not upgraded any analogue systems to dahdi yet, but from what I've
read so-far, there's not much difference between the config files (other
than their names and locations), but a typical /etc/zaptel.conf file looks
like:

   fxoks=1
   fxsks=4
   loadzone=uk