[asterisk-users] Need to find small footprint asterisk platform

Chris Bagnall lists at minotaur.cc
Mon Mar 30 12:20:20 CDT 2009

> One of the more common embedded platforms for Asterisk is the Soekris
> net5501 (or 4501 if you don't need as much processing power)

Agreed. Though, given the Asus eeeBox (1.6Ghz Atom) can be had for almost the same money (Soekris stuff isn't cheap in the UK) and is about the same footprint, it might be worth considering that instead if you don't need ISDN or POTS connectivity.

I've done a few Asterisk-based eeeBoxes over the last few weeks and been very impressed with them.

Regards,

Chris