[asterisk-users] Ideas for Asterisk load testing, testing trunks etc.

John Todd jtodd at digium.com
Mon Mar 30 11:44:41 CDT 2009

On Mar 30, 2009, at 9:18 AM, Zeeshan Zakaria wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a task to load test a few VoIP servers, and also test our
> trunks on regular intervals to see how reliable they are, i.e. how
> often they go down, if at all.
>
> I did some search and found a lot of VoIP testing tools. I selected
> some of them and testing them one by one. But so far haven't found
> any which could do good load testing and test the trunks. So far
> SIPp is the only one which can do load testing, and I am learning it.
>
> I'll highly appreciate any help from those of you who have good
> experience in load testing asterisk servers before their deployment
> in productions.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Zeeshan A Zakaria

Another recent entry into the open-source world is "miTester", which
is Java-based and runs on Debian and Windows (at the moment.)  I've
talked with the managers of the project (it's a commercial company)
and they seem very interested in hearing ideas and experiences with
the software.  Scriptable support for various tests.  The only
downside I can see on it at the moment is that it doesn't support RTP
audio, but apparently they're working on that.

JT

---
John Todd                       email:jtodd at digium.com
Digium, Inc. | Asterisk Open Source Community Director
445 Jan Davis Drive NW -  Huntsville AL 35806  -   USA
direct: +1-256-428-6083         http://www.digium.com/