[asterisk-users] Need to find small footprint asterisk platform

Christian Victor christian at victormedia.de
Mon Mar 30 11:05:55 CDT 2009

2009/3/30 Peer Oliver Schmidt <posde at theinternet.de>

> The Horst-Box Professional has a lot of problems in the ADSL area
> (like stopping transfers after a dozen or so megabytes for example),
> and I have had lots of needs to hard-reboot the box, after enabling
> VoIP functionality.

Well - I never ran one in a professional enviroment and only use one single
unit in my home. Until now and with the latest firmware it runs without
bigger problems. But I agree that for professional use you neet to take a
close look at reliability.

> The D-Link support is useless (The answer the support request and
> without taking the answer into account close the ticket).

I agree - support is crap.It's basically "here is the source so thats not
our probolem anymore".

The boxes would have been perfect for the german market, however, the
> way it was implemented, they are totally useless. And yes, I have
> tried all available firmware versions, and always made sure to follow
> the instructions to the letter, with regards to configuration reset.

You found instructions??? Lucky bastard! :-D

Chris