[asterisk-users] Need to find small footprint asterisk platform

Peer Oliver Schmidt posde at theinternet.de
Mon Mar 30 07:10:52 CDT 2009

Christian Victor wrote:
> Here in germany D-Link sells a device called the "Horst-Box
> Professional" wich is a ADSL modem/router with WiFi and an integrated
> embedded asterisk platform with 1xBRI in, 1xBRI out and 3xFXS if my mind
> serves me right. Size is about 180x250x50mm. Its been around for some
> years so maybe it is already EOL.

The Horst-Box Professional has a lot of problems in the ADSL area
(like stopping transfers after a dozen or so megabytes for example),
and I have had lots of needs to hard-reboot the box, after enabling
VoIP functionality.

The D-Link support is useless (The answer the support request and
without taking the answer into account close the ticket).

The boxes would have been perfect for the german market, however, the
way it was implemented, they are totally useless. And yes, I have
tried all available firmware versions, and always made sure to follow
the instructions to the letter, with regards to configuration reset.
--
Best regards

Peer Oliver Schmidt
PGP Key ID: 0x83E1C2EA