[asterisk-users] SIP Diversion header

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Fri Mar 27 15:35:03 CDT 2009

2009/3/27 Mark Michelson <mmichelson at digium.com>

> Olivier wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is anyone aware of SIP Diversion header ?
> > It seems currently supported by Comverse (formely NetCentrex) softswitch
> > and some hardphones (Thomson ST2030).
> >
> > An old draft (draft-levy-sip-diversion-08.txt) mentions this header.
> >
> > ha
> >
> > I'm wondering if this could be used
> >

> Diversion header is an outdated draft and anyone who follows along with
> developments in the SIP community will tell you that other methods such as
> history-info are preferred over use of the diversion header.

OK, I see that RFC4244 relates to history-info.
I'm adding this here for reference.

> That being said, in
> practice, the diversion header is used by several phones. The firmware on
> my
> Polycom desk phone (IP 430) supports the sending of a Diversion header when
> it
> sends a 3XX response code.
>
> As far as Asterisk is concerned, current released versions (All 1.4 and
> 1.6.0)
> will read the Diversion header

in an incoming response and use that information
> to fill in the rdnis of the corresponding channel's callerid structure.
> Once the
> changes from http://reviewboard.digium.com/r/201 are merged into Asterisk
> trunk,
> then Asterisk will also generate a Diversion header if you have configured
> Asterisk to generate redirecting information.

Is it planned to support in Asterisk both history-info and diversion headers
?
(I can't access reviewboard at the moment soI can't check by myself).
If positive, that would be interesting to know how mixed
diversion/history-info hardphones are treated.

Are you aware of history-info enabled (hard or soft) phone ?