[asterisk-users] Is there a public blacklist of hackers' IPaddresses?

ContactTel Business lists at contacttel.com
Thu Mar 26 09:36:35 CDT 2009

Yes, i agree with this !..

People are stupid and or stressed like hell , jumping head first in crap and
then forgetting about what they just said or done.

They "Google some crap question"  copy/paste the first result
dialplan/sip.conf stanza etc.. and assume it will work..

<lol>It's open source aint'it ? it should be easy as building cities with
legos...</lol>

So then comes in the problems, instead of understanding the core of the
problem at hand, they jump to quick answers and solutions, which of course
are usually 90% wrong... Google is not an encyclopaedia.. it's an archive of
everyone's thoughts, and notes.

So now you got extension 123 pass 123 context default, where context default
-> include demo... include ld, include International...

Every hacker out there has the tools to check for those, and of course when
the server answers with invalid password instead of something else, it gives
them a hint that 123 is in fact an extension.. they won't BRUTE force
anything, there's so many open SIP boxes out there, it's scary...

It's a vicious circle, people don't learn , so apps like trixbox etc make it
easier for them , which in turns opens up the problems..

Then again are we asking MR smith to learn networking security fundamentals
? programming habbits , etc ?

This is a tool that was made for developers by developers, went mainstream ,
making cash , and now it's a commercial swiss army knife with no crowd
control.

I really like the default #REMOVE ME in some apps to make something work..
as i am too really used to start the damn app without even looking at most
of it.

But once you get hit.. you will get hit hard, and then comes the learning...

Seems that's the society these days.

Contacttel Support