[asterisk-users] OpenVox A400P01 vs Digium TDM401B

Asterisk asterisk at solutionengineers.com
Wed Mar 25 12:23:31 CDT 2009

Other than the price (nearly £150 difference), is there any particular
reason not to pick an OpenVox A400-based solution for my UK Asterisk needs?

I have only a single line (so 1x FXO) and use SIP phones exclusively on-site
(no FXS needed). I need to replace my current AX-100P card, as my new
Asterisk server doesn't support 5v PCI cards, which the AX-100P is...

Caller ID is the only thing the AX-100P gave me hassle with; does the A400
handle it any better? Remembering that UK CLID is presented between 1st &
2nd rings, using V22.bis tones IIRC. I currently use a Pace modem (which has
UK CLID capability built in) to capture CLID info...

Any thoughts much appreciated,

Cheers!
Ade.