[asterisk-users] ITSP's no longer supporting IAX?

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Wed Mar 25 10:33:26 CDT 2009

On Wednesday 25 March 2009 09:59:27 OCG Technical Support wrote:
> I use simple port forwarding on an Linux firewall (iptables)...so that's
> not the issue.
>
> I was referring to IAX2 of course (IAX has be gone a long time I think)...
> Unlimitel is running * 1.4.x (and so am I)...
>
> I just can't understand IAX2 connections suddenly dropping (on one day)
> being protocol issues (if no one changed their * versions).  Or is this how
> IAX2 fails?

We believe that it's more likely a victim of the economy.  More people use
SIP, so in an effort to cut their support expenses, ITSPs are dropping IAX2
support.  I wouldn't be surprised to hear that Voicepulse additionally laid
off several tech support staff at the same time as this change.

--
Tilghman