[asterisk-users] gpx 2000 Busy Lamp Field

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 24 13:06:23 CDT 2009

--- On Tue, 3/24/09, Ken Williams <ken at intermountainelectronics.com> wrote:

> Our work around is to lower the
> registration expiration on the phones.

Well, something's not working as "I expect it to". My GXP2000 phones have re-registration timeout of 2 minutes.

In my example below, extension 4061 is unplugged (so obviously it won't re-register, ever). Meanwhile, the other GXP2000 phones keep seeing 4061 as "on-line" (green led).
This happens with Asterisk 1.4.24.

If I use Asterisk 1.2, the green LED turns red within a few seconds.

My guess is that Asterisk is not sending the device state, or it's not correctly detecting that the phone has not re-registered.

I might not be interpreting the "hints" logic correctly, but I suppose that if a "sip show peer" reveals that the extension is not registered (when it was before) then Asterisk should send out a message to all subscribed phones so that their BLF can be updated.

As you can see below, 4061 is switched off, isn't physically online anymore, but all BLF LEDs are green.

Why is this?

# asterisk -rx "sip show peers" | grep 4061
4061/4061                  (Unspecified)    D   N   A  0        UNKNOWN
# asterisk -rx "sip show peer 4061"

  * Name       : 4061
  Secret       : <Set>
  MD5Secret    : <Not set>
  Context      : from-internal
  Subscr.Cont. : <Not set>
  Language     : en
  AMA flags    : Unknown
  Transfer mode: open
  CallingPres  : Presentation Allowed, Not Screened
  Callgroup    : 2
  Pickupgroup  : 2
  Mailbox      : 4061 at device
  VM Extension : *97
  LastMsgsSent : 0/0
  Call limit   : 50
  Dynamic      : Yes
  Callerid     : "device" <4061>
  MaxCallBR    : 384 kbps
  Expire       : -1
  Insecure     : no
  Nat          : Always
  ACL          : Yes
  T38 pt UDPTL : No
  CanReinvite  : No
  PromiscRedir : No
  User=Phone   : No
  Video Support: No
  Trust RPID   : No
  Send RPID    : No
  Subscriptions: Yes
  Overlap dial : Yes
  DTMFmode     : rfc2833
  LastMsg      : 0
  ToHost       :
  Addr->IP     : (Unspecified) Port 0
  Defaddr->IP  : 0.0.0.0 Port 5060
  Reg. exten   :
  Def. Username: 4061
  SIP Options  : (none)
  Codecs       : 0x2 (gsm)
  Codec Order  : (gsm:20)
  Auto-Framing:  No
  Status       : UNKNOWN
  Useragent    : Grandstream GXP2000 1.1.6.46
  Reg. Contact : sip:4061 at 10.215.146.161:5060;transport=udp

# asterisk -rx "show hints" | grep 4061
                   4061 at ext-local           : SIP/4061&Custom:DND4  State:Idle            Watchers  1
                *764061 at ext-dnd-hints       : Custom:DEVDND4061     State:Idle            Watchers  0
                *214061 at ext-findmefollow    : Custom:FOLLOWME4061   State:Idle            Watchers  0

PS: (I don't understand why 4061 at ext-local has "State:Idle")

Thanks,

Vieri