[asterisk-users] gpx 2000 Busy Lamp Field

Anthony Plack tony at plack.net
Tue Mar 24 11:26:09 CDT 2009

> Hello,
> I configured both asterisk and grandstream 2000 accourding to howtos on
> the web..
> And everything seems working fin.
> But if i reload asterisk grandstream stops working with BLF.
> I need to restart the phone to enable BLF again.
> Any clues??

This is a publish/registration problem, not a Grandstream problem (mostly).  Depending on how frequent the registration, the BLF lights will start working again after registration.

Publish information is not stored in asterisk database over a reboot.

The phone can still make a call because the SIP information is all there.

Example:
Using SJPhone, I can call sip:1234 at sip.mydomain.tld and as long as extension 1234 is in the default SIP context (maybe default, but whatever you set it to in sip.conf), your call will go through to that extension.  You don't need to register with Asterisk to use default lines.  But that doesn't mean Asterisk is now going to send out BLF info to your phone.  Not until it registers again.

Hope that helps.