[asterisk-users] Asterisk is not designed for University with largeuser base?

Wolfgang Pichler wpichler at yosd.at
Tue Mar 24 02:32:45 CDT 2009

Hi,

i do have a request for an installation with about 1800 sip extensions -
as addon to a exisiting system - connected to it using qsig. The
requirement here is also that the system should have SIP over TCP with
TLS and SRTP (snom phones should get supported)
I know there are patches out there to get this working - but have
someone already used these patches with so large installations ?

About the database polling - i think for such a installation you could
create something like a database to config files script - so not to use
realtime. This should solve this problem.

What do you people think about using freeswitch to handle the sip
extensions - do BLF/SLA/SRTP/SIP over TCP TLS - and use asterisk for
interconnection to the other PBX - doing the rest. Have anyone here
already tried freeswitch in such a combination ?

regards,
Wolfgang