[asterisk-users] Asterisk is not designed for University with large user base?

zoachien at securax.org zoachien at securax.org
Tue Mar 17 01:26:03 CDT 2009

Vincent Li wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just had a meeting about a pilot project going on in our University, The
> project manager has done some research in the past year and concluded that
> Asterisk can not scale well to large user base like 10,000 users, thus
> Asterisk is not fit for large University environment.

Asterisk can scale to 10.000 users. Its probably about the maximum you
could do on a quite powerful server if you don't need TDM hardware, but
better would be to use a cluster, the database used would then
eventually become the limit to the scaling.
I have no experience with SipX so i can't say if it will scale better
without clustering.