[asterisk-users] Recommended USB Headsets ?

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Mon Mar 23 14:04:10 CDT 2009

On Mon, 23 Mar 2009, Geraint Lee wrote:

> but on that subject... plantronics all the way, they seem to realise
> that agents will complain if the headsets hurt (too tight, pulls hair
> etc etc) and that agents don't really care about the equipment they are
> using and so need to be strong.

Interesting little anecdote here... Had a client want a cordless headset
for their desk phone (A Snom, but that's not important). I asked if he had
a preference and his answer was "The ones the girls use on the late night
Sky channels" ... He reckoned if they could wiggle about on-screen with
the headsets taking calls from punters for several hours then they must be
OK...

So some market research was required here ;-)

... and he got Plantronics DECT headsets to go with the Snom desk phones.

Gordon