[asterisk-users] Recommended USB Headsets ?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon Mar 23 11:39:11 CDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 12:03:42PM -0400, Steve Totaro wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 11:44 AM, Tzafrir Cohen
> <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 03:09:54PM +0000, Gordon Henderson wrote:
> >> On Mon, 23 Mar 2009, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> >>

> >> A lot of the issues I've seen have been more to do with comfort than
> >> quality... If you're going to wear something all day then it had better be
> >> comfortable to use and easy to clean...
> >
> > A hardware phone is way less screen space to use for the user interface.
>
> And that is bad how?  A small app, screen pop, or whatever would work
> very well and not potentially kill a phone call, sale, or lose you
> money.

Seems like you have a lousy window manager. If a phone is so important
it should be "on top" (or above that).

You ask the users with those fancy keyboard with the extra 20 buttons
not to use one of them for "Answer call"? You ask them to actually get
their hands off the keyboard (and mouse?) to answer a call? How very
productive.

> > Can you change a theme of a hardware phone?
>
> How many people actually would do this?  In any fortune 500 or higher
> company I have worked in (first, softtphones would never even be
> considered) and support of "skins" "themes" would not be entertained.

What would it take you to put the right icons on a Cisco phone so the
dumb secretary could understand what they mean? Could you group the
"function" buttons in logical groups?

What would it take you to get a nice Polycom phone but with the big
buttons the old Grandstream Bug-tone has, so that granny can use it?

> Only people I see changing "Themes" of phones are teenie boppers
> putting "bling" on their cellies.

Or granny[1]. Or maybe a PHB who happens to also have some pretty thick
glasses?

> > Can you just send it to the background so it does not occupy and
> > [screen] space while not in use? Trivial for a software phone.
> >

> Yes, just push the hard phone to the side.....

1. Messing your desk in the process.
2. Moving parts. Increases the chance that the wire in the back will
disconnect. Causing you eventually to lose a call. Which we cannot
afford in a F500C.

[1] which happens to be aunt Tilly? Those silly examples make me think
of the Aunt Tilly threads.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com