[asterisk-users] Recommended USB Headsets ?

Steve Totaro stotaro at first-notification.com
Mon Mar 23 11:03:42 CDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 11:44 AM, Tzafrir Cohen
<tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 03:09:54PM +0000, Gordon Henderson wrote:

>> A lot of the issues I've seen have been more to do with comfort than
>> quality... If you're going to wear something all day then it had better be
>> comfortable to use and easy to clean...
>
> A hardware phone is way less screen space to use for the user interface.

And that is bad how?  A small app, screen pop, or whatever would work
very well and not potentially kill a phone call, sale, or lose you
money.

> Can you change a theme of a hardware phone?

How many people actually would do this?  In any fortune 500 or higher
company I have worked in (first, softtphones would never even be
considered) and support of "skins" "themes" would not be entertained.

Only people I see changing "Themes" of phones are teenie boppers
putting "bling" on their cellies.

> Can you just send it to the background so it does not occupy and
> [screen] space while not in use? Trivial for a software phone.

Yes, just push the hard phone to the side.....

>> > Can you copy a SIP URI from your web browser to your hard phone?
>>
>> Snoms have a facility for this.
>
> How long did it take you to set this up? To teach the user how to do
> that?

A better question is how many people use it?  I altered my system
training sessions to functionality that people would actually use.
Surprisingly, one or two "users or agents" showed up for anything
beyond the basics.

Very telling since they were getting paid hourly whether working or
sitting in a class, doodling if they wanted....

> --
>               Tzafrir Cohen
> icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
> +972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
> http://www.xorcom.com  iax:guest at local.xorcom.com/tzafrir

Strange agreements coming from the "Open Source" hard phone guy.  Why
did you even start that thread if softphones are so superior.

--
Thanks,
Steve Totaro