[asterisk-users] Queues Announce help request.

Matt Florell astmattf at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 13:20:37 CDT 2009

On 3/20/09, Cary Fitch <caryf at usawide.net> wrote:
> I am trying to get a queue to do more than just play music and hold calls.
>  Specifically, making some "comforting" voice announcements would be nice.
>
>  Below is the queues.conf file relevant portions.
>
>  Member phone number is munged to protect the guilty.
>
>  We shouldn't need the announcement source info, but I have been trying
>  everything.
>
>  The problem is with the member busy, we get no voice announcements.
>  (For test purposes is being on hold "busy"?  We have also just laid the
>  phone on the desk.)
>
>  We will settle for expected hold time, Thank you announcements, Position in
>  queue, or Dow Jones 30 Industrials news. :-)
>
>  Anyone have a tip?
>
>  Cary Fitch

I just thought I'd mention that ViciDial has the ability to play a
periodic announcement on inbound queue calls, as well as music on
hold, place in line, estimated hold time and lots of other
inbound-only features.

ViciDial does not use Asterisk Queues so the way we got it working
probably wouldn't help you much, but I just wanted to mention it's
functionality and that it is open source if you wanted to give it a
try.

Thanks,

MATT---