[asterisk-users] Question regarding call queue and penalty's

Christopher Aloi chris.aloi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 14:56:11 CDT 2009

Hey All -
I've got an interesting problem, here is what I'm trying to accomplish:

Six agents, two queues, three skill levels

Queue A (queue B is the same)
- Level 1
 -- Agent 1
 -- Agent 2

- Level 2
 -- Agent 3
 -- Agent 4

- Level 3
 -- Agent 5
 -- Agent 6

I'd like a call to come in to Queue A, ring agent 1 and agent 2 for X
seconds, if agent 1 and agent 2 ignore the call, try level 2, ring level 2
(agents 3 and 4) for X seconds, if agent 3 and agent 4 ignore the call, move
to level 3.

I'm using dynamic agents via the Add Queue Member method (SIP/EXTENSION).

I can accomplish this by adding autopause=yes, but my agents who ignore the
call are then paused and won't receive the next call (level 1).

I need to accomplish this using a queue to get reports.

Using 1.4

Any thoughts?

-Chris