[asterisk-users] T.38 - Which endpoint shall reINVITE ? caller or callee ?

Vlasis Hatzistavrou (KTI) vhatz at kinetix.gr
Tue Mar 17 14:27:04 CDT 2009

Steve Underwood wrote:
> Oh, it was meant for him. In the time it took him to write his wrong
> e-mail he could have gone to the ITU web site, downloaded a free copy of
> the T.38 spec, looked up the annex where it described the negotiation
> process, and found a clear statement of what is supposed to happen. Of
> course, that wouldn't tell him the real world issues, like the fact half
> the T.38 implementations out there don't follow the spec., but it would
> have been a valuable start. It would also keep the noise level on this
> list down.
>
> What a lot of people don't allow for when writing garbage is it stays on
> the internet for years, and eventually becomes reference material. :-\
>
> Regards,
> Steve

Does AFAIK mean anything at all to you? I never implied that I am the
ultimate authority on fax. It has been many years since I read T38 or
any other fax specs and apparently I don't remember them to the letter
(hence the AFAIK in my sentence).

"Reference material"? Really? My reply on a mailing list can hardly be
mistaken for an ITU spec.

The fact that my email will remain "on the internet for years" cannot
justify your obnoxious behavior either, unless you honestly believe that
my post will misguide the future generations of VoIP implementors for
years to come...

In other words, if you really wanted to correct my mistake you could
have just said that I was wrong. I would even have thanked you for
pointing out my error. In such a scenario you would have really
contributed against the "noise" on this list.

But unfortunately, all you did was come out as just another "wise-guy"
who desperately needs to get off his high horse.

Cheers,
Vlasis.