[asterisk-users] Busy on SIP

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Mon Mar 16 13:39:07 CDT 2009

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009, Olivier wrote:

> 2009/3/16 Gordon Henderson
> <gordon+asterisk at drogon.net<gordon%2Basterisk at drogon.net>
>>

>> On Mon, 16 Mar 2009, Marco Sambo wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I have a question. How can I configure my sip.conf to make a SIP phone
>> busy
>>> on incoming and outcoming calls? I explain my problem.
>>> When SIP phone receive a call and then I try to call that phone, I find
>> it
>>> busy.
>>> When SIP phone make a call and I try to call that phone, I find it
>> avaible
>>> and it rings but I want to find it busy.
>>
>> Disable call-waiting inside the phone.
>
> Doesn't call-limit=1 force the same behaviour ?

It appears to limmit the number of outgoing calls from that phone and
independantly the number of inoming calls.

So a phone can make an outgoing call, and still take an incoming call, and
vice-versa, with call-limit=1

I also found early versions of this buggy in that it didn't seem to
properly decrement the counter on hang-up, so is call-limit was set to 3,
then that phone could only take 3 calls, one after the other, before it
would be premenantly busyd, but this was a long time back, and it might
have been something I was foing, but since then I always turned
call-waiting off on the phones when users didn't want multiple call
features.

Gordon