[asterisk-users] Aastra 9133i programmable buttons (* 4.1.23)

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 12:34:41 CDT 2009

2009/3/16 David Ruggles <david at safedatausa.com>:
> Is it possible to control the light on a programmable button without the blf
> option? I'm using a programmable button to turn call recording on and off
> and I would like the light to indicate the status.
>
> Thanks,

9133i phones are pretty much obsolete, and are not getting firmware
updates, so I do not know whether Aastra ever put any of their XML
application control code into that model. If they did, then it should
be possible to respond with button status using XML updates from the
server, otherwise you'd need to upgrade to one of their currently
supported phones, which are almost certainly capable of this sort of
thing.

PS. I have never personally used the XML facility of Aastra phones,
but I hear quite good things about it.

Regards,
Steve