[asterisk-users] url in dial command: how does it work?

Giorgio Incantalupo gincantalupo at fgasoftware.com
Mon Mar 16 12:00:48 CDT 2009

Hi Tim,

I've made a test with 2 Asterisks and the 2 consoles showed me an HTML
packet sent and one received. This does not work with the SIP protocol.
The idea was to understand what was it for (I suppose someone did it for
some purpose...), then how to use it to improve our solution (es: open
pop ups) but we use SIP phones which do not support that URL parameter.
I know queuemetrics use it but I cannot undestand how since tha URL
parameter is passed to the called party while queuemetrics reads the
queues.log file.

BTW thanks for your time.

Giorgio