[asterisk-users] Best way to get 60+ analogue extensions.

Duncan Turnbull duncan at e-simple.co.nz
Sun Mar 15 02:12:17 CDT 2009

Hi All

I am looking at a replacement for a hotel PBX which requires at least 60
analogue extensions.

I tend to use Sangoma equipment but haven't tried this many analogue
extensions before. I am interested in anyone's experience of which
server platform literally fits and copes well with multiple cards, and
the choice of Digium vs Sangoma or something else.

I can see the Digium AEX2400 with 24 lines, physically they are all very
deep, if I had 3 of these in a server it would seem straight forward
assuming the motherboard doesn't haven't anything get in the way
Equally the Digium TDM2400P supports 24 lines and physically requires
similar space

The Sangoma A400 provides 24 ports but uses two slots, having 3 of these
in a server looks like I need to pick the server carefully.

I may need an ISDN PRA inbound but am working hard to have the inbound
lines via SIP, but if I do that means at least 4 slots on this plan.

I am just interested in any recommendations for server hardware and card
combinations that are currently in use.

Also if anyone has provided call data out to the RMS system (
http://www.rms-global.com/Our-Products/RMS-Hotel/ ) I would be keen to
hear how it worked.

Thanks very much

Cheers Duncan