[asterisk-users] Timeout for Queue

Mark Michelson mmichelson at digium.com
Thu Mar 12 17:03:12 CDT 2009

Darrin Henshaw wrote:
> Hello,
>

> We had an incident recently where a call was in queue for an extended
> period of time. We use queuemetrics for reporting, and it reports that
> the call was waiting for 20 minutes. The different thing about it is
> that the disconnect reason is stated as Timeout. Is there a set maximum
> time a call will wait in the queue before being automatically
> disconnected? I tried looking through the code directly, but I humbly
> admit my programming skills are lax.
>

> I’m running Asterisk 1.2.31 on CentOS 4.7. Thanks.

A brief disclaimer: I admittedly don't have much experience with Asterisk 1.2,
but I don't *think* this behavior is different between 1.2 and any later
versions. What I'm stating below holds true for Asterisk 1.4.X and Asterisk 1.6.X

The Queue application has no default timeout. A caller can stay in the queue
forever if no timeout was given when calling the Queue application.

Mark Michelson