[asterisk-users] Asterisk and WebIntegration

Kurian Thayil kurianmthayil at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 14:10:27 CDT 2009

Hi Geriant,

My apologies for the delay in reply. We won't be using php but Perl and
there is an AGI module for perl Asterisk::AGI. I may be using Manager API
for sending Hangup signal. Im planning to write a bash script which perl
invokes when hangup button is pressed in the web interface. Bash script
telnets and sends Hangup signal to the manager API. I am not yet able to
acheive sending commands via bash script using telnet. But I am trying.

One thing that's confusing me is if in future, incoming facility needs to be
activated and since Auto Answer feature in EyeBeam/Twinkle is ON, don't you
think that would be a problem? I think for that, the possible work around
will be using 2 softphones, say EyeBeam and Xlite together in the same PC.
Configuring one extension in EyeBeam to make outbound calls (with Auto
Answer enabled) and configuring Xlite with an extension which receives
inbound calls. Do you have any suggestion on that?

Regards,

Kurian Mathew Thayil.