[asterisk-users] Trying to get sample applicationmap to work (*1.4)

Mark Michelson mmichelson at digium.com
Thu Mar 12 13:10:01 CDT 2009

David Ruggles wrote:
> I'm trying to actually use the example application map in features.conf:
>
> testfeature => #9,peer,Playback,tt-monkeys  ;Allow both the caller and
> callee to play
>                                             ;tt-monkeys to the opposite
> channel
>
> I see the feature get registered at the CLI:
>
>   == Registered Feature 'monkey'
>   == Mapping Feature 'monkey' to app 'Playback(tt-monkeys)' with code '#9'
>
> But I'm unable to actually use it. This *doesn't* work:
> exten => 301,n,Set(DYNAMIC_FEATURES=monkey)
> exten => 301,n,Dial(SIP/DavidR1)
>

> Anyone done this before and/or able to give me any suggestions?
> Thanks,

I strongly suspect that you have fallen prey to the featuredigittimeout. Check
your features.conf file for the featuredigittimeout option. By default, this is
set to 500 ms. You probably want to increase this to something like 2000 ms.
This option specifies the amount of time Asterisk should wait between DTMF
presses when you are dialing a feature code. So in your case, I'm guessing that
you pressed # but could not press 9 in time for Asterisk to recognize this input
as part of the same feature.

Mark Michelson