[asterisk-users] chanspy problems (asterisk 1.6.0.6) - When spying starts, the spied parties can't hear each other

Deepak dlalmtl at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 11:13:47 CDT 2009

Hi, I am in a predicament and any help/pointers would be appreciated.

We are using chanspy to listen in on conversations. We are doing this via a
web interface. The web interface lists all the ongoing calls. We click on a
call and then my local phone rings allowing me to spy on the session I
clicked on.

 But "most" of the time, when I start listening in, the two parties that are
in conversation stop hearing each other. I can hear that they cant hear each
other.

We are using chanspy and passing the exact session-name to it as an
argument.

Asterisk 1.6.0.6 is being used a B2BUA. It receives calls from users
connected via analog phones to a Quintum and forwards them to a PSTNGW.

Analogphone--Quintim<------ SIP------->Asterisk<-----SIP------>PSTNGW(T1s)

All media is passing thru asterisk (canreinvite = no).

Thanks in advance for any help