[asterisk-users] Portech MV3770 & Caller-ID

adamk at 3a.hu
Thu Mar 12 03:53:48 CDT 2009

On 3/11/2009, "Hĺkan Källberg" <hk at simulina.se> wrote:

>On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 04:16:43PM +0100, Christian Victor wrote:
>> 2009/3/11 Hĺkan Källberg <hk at simulina.se>
>> > Does anyone of you have Caller Presentation working in the other
>> > direction?? My mv370 is working well, execpt the Caller ID on outgoing
>> > GSM calls. This works with the SIM card/Provider I am using if I put

>> All I had to do is to enable the Caller ID ind the Mobile->Settings dialog
>> for each SIM (something like presentation/revocation afair). I did NOT set
>> the GSM number anywhere nor do I send it from Asterisk.

>That is what I'd expect too, but, no...
>
>    Mobile->Settings->CLID Presentation-> Supression or Invocation
>
>it makes no difference. (and yes - I do reboot:-) When I move the SIM
>to a phone, it works well...

I'm not sure wether it's an operator-specific setting or not.  But i
don't handle callerid supression/invocation with the MV370, i rather do
it with asterisk.

Try simply prefix the number with *31# for invocation and #31# for
supression.  Example:

[...]
exten => _06[237]0NXXXXXX!,n,Dial(SIP/*31#${EXTEN}@gsmgw)
[...]

Again: this method may be country or even operator specific, check with
the provider if the above works.  If it does, simply use the prefixes
above and forget about the MV370's settings.

regards
adam