[asterisk-users] chan_zap.so missing

Miguel Molina mmolina at millenium.com.co
Tue Mar 10 17:56:59 CDT 2009

Vieri escribió:
> --- On Tue, 3/10/09, Kevin P. Fleming <kpfleming at digium.com> wrote:
>

>>> Sorry to barge in like this but I would like to know
>>>
>> if chan_zap.c is supposed to be present in 1.4.23.1.
>>
>> As documented in the CHANGES file that comes with 1.4.23,
>> the answer is
>> no. chan_zap.c was renamed to chan_dahdi.c, but still
>> supports Zaptel.
>> Please read the Zaptel-to-DAHDI.txt file in the 1.4.23
>> source tree
>> *carefully* to understand what you should see when you
>> build this
>> version of Asterisk.
>>

> OK, thanks for pointing that out. It's just that chan_dahdi.so simply doesn't build on my system which has zaptel, not dahdi. Anyway, never mind, I'll migrate to Dahdi instead.
>
> Thanks for your time.

Something like that happened to me when I tried to reinstall asterisk
1.4 with DAHDI when I had it installed before with zaptel, and because
of the urgency I had to forget about DAHDI, reinstall zaptel again and
leave the installation working that way. I think that most of the
compiler errors occur because of the include files that changed from
zaptel to DAHDI. Is there any way to remove entirely zaptel so a total
DAHDI+asterisk 1.4 installation works with no fails on a situation like
this?

Thanks in advance.

Ing. Miguel Molina
Grupo de Tecnología