[asterisk-users] chan_zap.so missing

Mark Michelson mmichelson at digium.com
Tue Mar 10 17:23:06 CDT 2009

Vieri wrote:

> --- On Tue, 3/10/09, markus <antropy7 at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> Now I am missing
>> "/usr/lib/asterisk/modules/chan_zap.so".
>> I searched through the mailing list and forums.
>> They say, that chan_zap.so is build in channels/ in my
>> working
>> directory.
>> But it's not too strange, that chan_zap.so was not
>> built, since
>> there's not even the file chan_zap.c .
>> Isn't it supposed to be there?
>
> Sorry to barge in like this but I would like to know if chan_zap.c is supposed to be present in 1.4.23.1.
>
> Vieri

The actual file chan_zap.c is not in 1.4.23. It is called chan_dahdi.c instead,
BUT using Zaptel with 1.4.23 is fully supported. In addition, the use of channel
names like Zap/1 is supported in 1.4.23 as well.

In fact, to make the policy a bit more clear, all releases of 1.4 will work with
Zaptel and should not require any special configuration changes when upgrading
to a version with DAHDI support. All variants of Asterisk 1.6 only support the
use of DAHDI.

Mark Michelson