[asterisk-users] in which asterisk version is zaptel removed?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Mar 10 06:22:08 CDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 04:04:41AM -0700, Vieri wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It's not clear to me which asterisk version drops support for zaptel
> in favor of dahdi.

In 1.6.0 .

> Dahdi and zaptel can "coexist" in some 1.4 versions but it seems that
> from 1.4.22 onward, chan_zap.so is not built. Documentation within the
> 1.4.23.1 tarball indicates that one can keep using the zap*.conf files
> by switching an option in asterisk.conf.

But it will still be able to build vs. zaptel, and read configuration
from zapata.conf .

See http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/branches/1.4/Zaptel-to-DAHDI.txt

Note that this is the file from the 1.4 branch (that applies to Asterisk
1.4.x for x >= 22). There is a file with the same name and different
content on other branches.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com