[asterisk-users] in which asterisk version is zaptel removed?

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 10 06:04:41 CDT 2009

Hi,

It's not clear to me which asterisk version drops support for zaptel in favor of dahdi.

Dahdi and zaptel can "coexist" in some 1.4 versions but it seems that from 1.4.22 onward, chan_zap.so is not built. Documentation within the 1.4.23.1 tarball indicates that one can keep using the zap*.conf files by switching an option in asterisk.conf.

Is this true or should I forcefully migrate to Dahdi if I want to use Asterisk 1.4.22+?

Thanks,

Vieri