[asterisk-users] 1.6.0.5 - g729 'locked' by Asterisk

Tiago Durante tiagodurante at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 17:55:52 CDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 3:17 PM, Tiago Durante <tiagodurante at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I'm having a really huge problem, it seems like Asterisk is locking my
> licenses of g729 after being used.
>
> For example, 10 people make calls using this codec. Then I can see the
> channels and the codecs being used, cool. But then when they hang up
> the call the codes are still there, as being used...
>
> I don't know if its a bug or a miss configuration, but the fact is
> that I've another 5 server with the same configuration, but different
> versions of Asterisk, and this is the only one that it happens.
>
> bralphapabx*CLI> core show channels
> 6 active channels
> 3 active calls
>
> bralphapabx*CLI> g729 show licenses
> 0/10 encoders/decoders of 10 licensed channels are currently in use

Sorry, I'm not re-posting... Just to show...

bralphapabx*CLI> core show channels
Channel              Location             State   Application(Data)
0 active channels
0 active calls
5038 calls processed

bralphapabx*CLI> g729 show licenses
0/10 encoders/decoders of 10 licensed channels are currently in use

There is no channels UP and 10 licenses being used for decoding...

THEN... After restart:

bralphapabx*CLI> core show channels
Channel              Location             State   Application(Data)
0 active channels
0 active calls
0 calls processed

bralphapabx*CLI> g729 show licenses
0/0 encoders/decoders of 10 licensed channels are currently in use

=(

Should I downgrade it?

Thanks!

Regards,

--
Tiago Durante

Perseverance is the hard work you do after you
get tired of doing the hard work you already did.
-- Newt Gingrich