[asterisk-users] Asterisk analog DID with Adit 600

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Tue Mar 3 15:32:54 CST 2009

Is it possible to set the Executone to NOT wink?
Without the wink, a simple FXO port will DP into the switch without
problems and without using E&M signaling
Even an X100 card could do the job ( at least with earlier Asterisk ) .
Am I reading that late Asterisk has mucked up the driver for this old
simple card?

John Novack

Dave Fullerton wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I'm trying to connect Asterisk to an Executone phone system with an
> analog DID card and I'm hoping someone can help me figure out what I'm
> doing wrong. The Executone DID card provides battery to the telco, when
> the telco wishes to dial a DID it goes off-hook, waits for a wink from
> the Executone and then dials the last three digits on the number with
> pulse (as opposed to DTMF) signalling.
>
> What I've done is purchase an Adit 600 with an FXO card. I've set the
> Adit T1 controller to use E&M signalling and the FXO card to use DPT
> signalling. I've set asterisk to use E&M in both dahdi/system.conf and
> chan_dahdi.conf.
>
> If I dial the port connected to the DID card it goes off hook but when
> the Executone winks Asterisk or the Adit thinks the remote side has hung
> up and terminates the call.
>
> I've tried using E&M wink, featd, and featb signalling in
> chan_dahdi.conf, set hanguponpolarityswitch=no, and tried loop start
> signalling for the heck of it and that didn't work either.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions of additional things I could try?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> -Dave

Dog is my co-pilot