[asterisk-users] Asterisk analog DID with Adit 600

Dave Fullerton dfullertasterisk at shorelinecontainer.com
Tue Mar 3 12:39:20 CST 2009

Hello All,

I'm trying to connect Asterisk to an Executone phone system with an
analog DID card and I'm hoping someone can help me figure out what I'm
doing wrong. The Executone DID card provides battery to the telco, when
the telco wishes to dial a DID it goes off-hook, waits for a wink from
the Executone and then dials the last three digits on the number with
pulse (as opposed to DTMF) signalling.

What I've done is purchase an Adit 600 with an FXO card. I've set the
Adit T1 controller to use E&M signalling and the FXO card to use DPT
signalling. I've set asterisk to use E&M in both dahdi/system.conf and
chan_dahdi.conf.

If I dial the port connected to the DID card it goes off hook but when
the Executone winks Asterisk or the Adit thinks the remote side has hung
up and terminates the call.

I've tried using E&M wink, featd, and featb signalling in
chan_dahdi.conf, set hanguponpolarityswitch=no, and tried loop start
signalling for the heck of it and that didn't work either.

Does anyone have any suggestions of additional things I could try?

Thanks in advance,

-Dave