[asterisk-users] pci cards VS patton

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Mon Mar 2 09:01:03 CST 2009

2009/3/2 Giorgio Incantalupo <gincantalupo at fgasoftware.com>

> Hi Olivier,
>
> so if you say that Patton hardware is bad documented,

hard to configured
> and without echo canceller I think it is useless...don't you think?

I won't say so.

Would you say Bristuff is well documented ?
What I meant is I rated it hard to configure those boxes for the first time
(manual which is 670 pages thick, covers only CLI).
In the end, I'm sure we can get over that.

For echo cancellation, these boxes have echo cancel but I don't sincerely
know how they compare with others.
I've got a customer (100 phones) using a Patton smartnode but I won't say,
just because I've still got no complain about echo, that there is an
improvement over Digium-enabled solution : maybe, there is and maybe not.
What would it be with Digium PRI Card instead ? I just don't know.

Maybe, an important point I forgot in my previous mail was that separating
ISDN access and SIP routing in different boxes seems a good architecture, if
you can afford it : you can more easily upgrade software and allocate
appropriate resources (server dimensioning).

Anyway, was your first question more related to BRI or to PRI ?
Answers should differ according that.