[asterisk-users] Extension status as XML for an Aastra 57i

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Tue Jun 30 16:38:00 CDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-06-30 at 16:17 -0400, Jeremy Winder wrote:
> I'm in the process of converting our current hybrid key system to
> Asterisk and Aastra 57i phones. One of the features that seems to be a
> show stopper for almost everyone in the office is the inability to see
> who is on the phone. Can someone point in the right direction to setup
> an XML app on the phone so they can press a soft-button and get a list
> of extensions and their statuses? I know I can use BLF and the line 2-4
> buttons; but there are a lot more then 3 other people working here and
> I'm planning on using those of parking lots.
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated as I'm an Asterisk noob learning as
> fast as I can.

	The 57i phone has 6 soft buttons which can show the status of at least
16 phones (if you do not want to use the rest of the soft buttons which
would give you another 16).  If you really need to have more you should
use the 536M or 560M console which can display up to 60 extensions.

Carlos Chávez Prats
Director de Tecnología
+52-55-91169161 ext 2001