[asterisk-users] Extension status as XML for an Aastra 57i

Jonathan Moore supermegatron at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 15:43:47 CDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 3:17 PM, Jeremy Winder<jwinder at logicalsi.com> wrote:
> I'm in the process of converting our current hybrid key system to
> Asterisk and Aastra 57i phones. One of the features that seems to be a
> show stopper for almost everyone in the office is the inability to see
> who is on the phone. Can someone point in the right direction to setup
> an XML app on the phone so they can press a soft-button and get a list
> of extensions and their statuses?

We have a few of those phones and the associated sidecards.  Using a
combination of hints and parking, you can get the status of the other
phones to show up on the side car.

I found all the information on voip-info.org for how to do it.  Parking, hints
the aastra configs and all.

You can also do that with the softkeys on the top and bottom of the screen.

-jonathan