[asterisk-users] snom mass deploy help

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Mon Jun 29 14:40:01 CDT 2009

2009/6/29 Loic Didelot <ldidelot at mixvoip.com>

> Sorry for dropping in so late, but maybe our solution do configure snom
> phones can help you
>
> We have written a small script that scans the network for snom phones.
> This is done by doing broadcast pings and using the arp-scan command and
> reading the arp cache. Then we filter the results on the mac addresses
> that start with "00:04:13". Of course there are other solutions to get
> the list of IP addresses of your snom phones.

So, DHCP server has already replied to Snom's address request, isn't it ?

> Once we have a list of IP addresses we "push" our configuration url to
> the snom phones by calling a url on the phones.

How do you call a url ?
Is there a menu or key dedicated to that ?

> http://$IP/dummy.htm?settings=save&setting_server=$massdeploymenturl

What happens to phones before this url is called (and after they get an
address) ?
Are they usable for something ?

Myself, I was thinking of using a 2 steps configuration process with an IVR
allowing a phone to go from Connected to Configured status.