[asterisk-users] IAX for internet file transfer?

Maris maris.rob at vdi.de
Fri Jun 26 18:48:13 CDT 2009

I'm dealing with an idea to exchange data in a socket connection style
 or a sort of ftp transfer with IAX2 as the transport medium.

An IAX client on e.g. a notebook could establish a connection to any
 remote machine (also client) via any Asterisk Server where both
 clients are registered. Due to the unique properties of IAX2 one
 could connect quite easily to any "hidden" remote computer without
 server functionality and exchange data.

To my opinion it should be quite simple to bypass audio->RTP packet
 conversion in order to allow digital data transmission.