[asterisk-users] Asterisk on AVR32

Paulo Santos paulo.r.santos at sapo.pt
Fri Jun 26 06:59:34 CDT 2009

Greetings,

I'm sorry I've been taking so long to reply, but I've been swamped and
didn't have the time to try to compile it.

First of all, thank you all for the help.

Kyle Kienapfel wrote:

> why is CROSS_ARCH=Linux? is this something the AVR32 distro is doing,
> or something you did? it should be something line "avr" or "avr32"

I pretty much reproduced all the variables AVR32's Buildroot was setting
and applied it to ./configure on Asterisk.

Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

> This error is not from Asterisk's configure. It is from 'make'
> running menuselect's configure.

I meant that it is from 'make' with a regular ./configure, one with no
parameters at all.

> While this is an ugly workaround, if you can't work with menuselect,
> try using my dummy-select. See the relevant parts of:
>
> http://git.tzafrir.org.il/?p=asterisk-tools.git;a=blob;f=git-asterisk-gui-howto

Once I have a bit more time I'll try it out. Indeed my main problem
seems to be menuselect.

Doug Bailey wrote:

> When you run configure, you need to spec the "host" parameter for the
> architecture and environment you will be running under.

I tried host=avr32-linux still with no success. The same error occurs,
"cannot execute binary file" when it's trying to compile menuselect.

I have compiled Buildroot with everything I need for Asterisk to work,
only Asterisk itself isn't working. Does this mean that when I run
'make' on Buildroot it pretty much just runs 'make' on Asterisk with all
those variables set? Or does it do some more operations?

Thanks everyone,
Best regards,
Paulo Santos