[asterisk-users] Removing line 2 from CISCO 7940g

Jonathan Thurman jthurman42 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 16:22:09 CDT 2009

The phone caches the configuration...  To remove it update the config like
so:

line2_name:        "UNPROVISIONED"
line2_authname:    "UNPROVISIONED"
line2_password:    "UNPROVISIONED"
line2_shortname:   "UNPROVISIONED"
line2_displayname: "UNPROVISIONED"

For each line that you don't want anymore.  So on a 7960 you would have to
do this for lines 2-6.  The line will then disappear from the phone.

-Jonathan