[asterisk-users] 400 calls at g711 how much cpu power

ContactTel Business lists at contacttel.com
Mon Jun 22 14:45:39 CDT 2009

Lol , simply lol, don't forget the super duper, top secret patch ,everyone
is hiding from you  that makes asterisk able to do 4000 calls on a p3,

PS. don't tell anyone i said this .

But yeah , since you need to blast 500 calls+, you should be aware that
normal blasting even 4 seconds audio will run you quite a bit of money,

20 seconds * 400 channels = 8000 seconds every 20 seconds, +- prep times...

Or

133 minutes every 20 secs...

399 minutes every minute.. @ 0.015 let's say

400 * 0.015 is 6$ a minute, $360 an hour, 3600$ a day, and ill let you do
the weekly fees

Now, that's starting to be expensive for a pet project ;) if not and gov
related, then ill just pass the remarks..

I always knew there's money in fear, but broadcasting it could be worth it
too ;)

Can't wait for the day when we get voice calls about buying water in bulk
and storing crackers.

Anyhow let me know how you manage to do 400 calls on asterisk with or
without transcoding