[asterisk-users] 400 calls at g711 how much cpu power

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at jeff.net
Mon Jun 22 00:08:18 CDT 2009

On Sat, 20 Jun 2009, Erick Perez wrote:

> Jeff, indeed i was posting for posterity. Maybe someone will benefit in an
> outbound-only scenario that he/she will not need a supercomputer to pump a
> 20sec audio clip.
> Again, this was a public service. And indeed TV and radio was used. Unless
> you live in a bubble, you may have heard about AH1N1 virus. Which
> unfortunately hit us (Panama, Republic of Panama, Central America....) very
> hard. I foud very repetitive to tell in my posts that i am from panama,
> central america, blah,blah blah.

Repetitive?  I don't recall you even mentioning it, though most of the
focus was on the fact that you planned to make several million phone
calls, and neglected until now to explain what the phone calls were for.
I don't think anyone would have questioned your motives if you had come
out with that information in the first place.  I'll save my comments on
the mass hysteria surrounding the swine flu for another forum ;)  Lets
hear the 20 second clip, by the way.  Can you post it?  Perhaps we can all
learn how to avoid the swine flu.

> Guys, Grow up!
>
> Next time someone needs to learn mouth-to-mouth and CPR lessons, please DONT
> teach him. Because, following your inmature way of thinking, the person who
> wants to learn CPR may as well be looking for information to learn how to
> suffocate people.
> Next time your son wants to know how gasoline works or how is being
> produced. Please keep your familiy in ignorance. You may be training the
> next crazy person who will burn things all around the world.

Umm, you are taking this a bit far.  I don't think anyone is supporting a
stance of squelching information.  You simply posted like a spammer, and
given the other recent threads about car insurance scams, fraud calls,
SIP security issues, etc., and the fact that you left out all information
about what your 20 second clip was about sure made it *seem* like you were
doing exactly the kinds of things with asterisk that honest folks wish
would not be done.  You have set us straight, so carry on.