[asterisk-users] Nobody picked up in 20000 ms

Joseph syscon780 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 12:15:17 CDT 2009

On 06/21/09 12:35, Steve Totaro wrote:
>On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 12:23 PM, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com>wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 09:28:21AM -0600, Joseph wrote:
>>
>> > No, it does not wait 20sec. after the first ring it goes directly to
>> > voicemail (so a second or two).
>> > The strange part is that when I call the same extensions from PSTN
>> > line it rings 20 sec. so about 3 or 4 rings; it only happens when I
>> > try to call internally from one extension to another.
>>
>> If you need more data, how about sip debug?
>>
>> --
>>               Tzafrir Cohen
>> icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com<jabber%3Atzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com>
>> +972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
>> http://www.xorcom.com  iax:guest at local.xorcom.com/tzafrir
>>

>Simple questions.  Did it ever work correctly?  If so, what changed?
>
>One time Tzafrir helped me identify that after upgrading to a new kernel,
>the system clock was borked.
>
>Typing time, repeatedly gave all kinds of strange results, jumping ahead
>many seconds and I think even backwards.  It was the kernel.
>
>Doesn't sound like your problem but change is often the easiest way to
>troubleshoot.

Good suggestion but I'm not sure this will be the problem:
I've not upgrade the kernel recently but I've upgraded asteriks I think with previous version it was working OK; I'm trying to verify by downgrading it.

Currently I'm using asterisk-1.4.22.1 on Gentoo from overlay; the problem is I have do downgrade it the package in overlay and moral downgrade procedure is not
working for me.
I have to email in overlay:
/usr/portage/local/layman/voip/net-misc/asterisk/asterisk-1.4.21.2.ebuild
/usr/portage/local/layman/voip/net-misc/asterisk/asterisk-1.4.22.1.ebuild

I've tried mask it in:
/etc/portage/package.mask
and
/usr/portage/profiles/package.mask
with:
=net-misc/asterisk-1.4.22.1

but it has no effect.

My time sees to be OK:
time

real    0m0.000s
user    0m0.000s
sys     0m0.000s

currently I'm using kernel: linux-2.6.27-r8

--
Joseph