[asterisk-users] Function IMPORT and Local channels

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Thu Jun 18 01:42:17 CDT 2009

2009/6/18 Tilghman Lesher <tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com>

> On Wednesday 17 June 2009 17:06:25 Olivier wrote:
> > At the moment, I can't read Local channels variables using IMPORT
> function
> > : ${IMPORT(Local/7531 at pcdialer-5dff\;1,CALLERID(num))}
>
> I'm confused as to why you're trying to escape the semicolon here.  The
> name
> of the channel cannot be hardcoded into a configuration file, because it's
> dynamically generated at runtime, and the only reason I'd see for escaping
> the
> semicolon would be if you wanted it preserved during a load from a
> configuration file.  What am I missing?

You're not missing anything, I think.
Root cause of this thread is that when I'm giving IMPORT function a Local
channel as first argument (and I agree with you saying this Local channel
value is generated dynamically), I've got an empty reply though requested
variable appears (with a non-empty value) in DumpChan's output.

When I tried to understand why the same function call works with SIP
channels and does work with Local, I wondered if this could come from the
fact a dynamically generated Local channel name includes a semi colon.
No experience I did backed this assumption ("root cause is semi-colon").

So this question remains :
- Has someone been successfull in using IMPORT on a Local channel ? Is there
a known limitation in doing so ?

Cheers