[asterisk-users] multiple PRI's in one group ..how??

Miguel Molina mmolina at millenium.com.co
Fri Jun 12 15:03:53 CDT 2009

Oguzhan Kayhan escribió:
> I mean..making a single trunk between a pstn or telco with 2 or more PRI's..
> I mean instead of using 32 channels to use 64 or more..
>
> I am trying to increase the capacity  between my PSTN and asterisk actually.
> There will be more than 35-40 concurrent calls  so while creating a zap
> trunk(or dahdi..whatever u call)  i want all pris to behave like they are
> a single span
> I hope i make myself clear now :)
> sorry for misunderstanding.

Just put all channels of all spans you want on the same group (look at
this example snip of zapata.conf):

group=1
signalling = pri_cpe
context=4pri
channel => 1-15
channel => 17-31

channel => 32-46
channel => 48-62

channel => 63-77
channel => 79-93

channel => 94-108
channel => 110-124

That way asterisk will use the 120 channels as one big trunk on g1. if
you Dial(Zap/g1/number), it will use all the channels. If you want to do
round-robin so it goes around all channels and not the first free, try
Dial(Zap/r1/number) from incrementing round-robin, or
Dial(Zap/R1/number) to decrementing round-robin.

Of course, depending on your need you can split them off on the arrange
you want, not only at a entire PRI level. If you wanted to reserve 5
channels to inbound calls only and the rest for outbound, you could do
this for example:

group=1
signalling = pri_cpe
context=outbound-group

channel => 6-15
channel => 17-31

channel => 32-46
channel => 48-62

channel => 63-77
channel => 79-93

channel => 94-108
channel => 110-124

group=7
signalling = pri_cpe
context=inbound-group
channel => 1-5

This way, if you Dial group 1, you won't use channels 1-5, leaving them
free for inbound calls.

Cheers,

Ing. Miguel Molina
Grupo de Tecnología